We are currently accepting applications for onsite volunteers with the following skill sets:
- Teachers/child development specialists - Work with a small group of children ages 3 - 8, using a curiosity based learning approach.
- Experienced Tradesmen - Carpenters, electricians (preferably experienced with renewable technologies), mechanics, general handymen etc…
- Animators/Video Editors/Videographers/UAV Operators - Must bring your own equipment. You will retain footage, but must be willing to release as Creative Commons.
Project Managers - Must have experience with Agile/Scrum or some other adaptive project management approach.
If you have a skill set which is not listed above, but which you feel might be helpful in the context of an off-grid learning center, or media outreach, your application may still be considered.
Applicants must be willing to purchase a round trip ticket to The Commonwealth of Dominica, and must be willing to stay at least one month. Do not apply until you are ready to commit to a departure date less than two months away.
Conditions onsite are rustic (you must be comfortable with the realities of living off-grid in a rainforest). Volunteers have access to a shared kitchen, bathroom and living space, but will need to bring their own tent. Experienced tradesmen will have the option to build a small cabin to use for the duration of their stay.
To apply, send an email to with the following information (in order):
- Include the words: “Volunteer Onsite” in the email subject.
- Provide your name, age, gender and nationality.
- List relevant skill sets and/or experience.
- Explain why you want to volunteer in 500 words or less.
- Tell us about yourself: include languages spoken, musical instruments played, philosophical background etc…
- Describe your availability: How soon will you be ready to travel? How long are you willing to stay?
- Contact information: phone number, link to Facebook profile, skype name, Whatsapp etc… Tell us what the best way to reach you is, what time zone you are in and at what time of day you are generally most available.